June 18: Microwave Mug
Meals - Registration
July 2: Bath Bombs -
July 16: CD Design &
July 30: Perler Beads
Aug 13: Board Games
June 25 - Black Panther
July 9 - You Choose
July 23 - You Choose
Aug 6 - You Choose
Aug 20 - You Choose
Each Movie Monday Sammy will have a few option for you to vote on what to watch that day!
Free Popcorn Too!
Options: The Notebook, Mean Girls, Ready Player One, and many other choices!
Donations accepted August 1st to 25th
Children need the proper tools to achieve success in school. Often these tools are as simple as paper, pencils or crayons. The Algoma Public Library in partnership with the Optimist Club of Algoma are accepting school supply donations on behalf of the children and families in our community that are in need. Donated supplies can be dropped off at the Algoma Public Library.
Examples of Supplies Needed:
Scissors, Loose leaf paper, Single subject notebooks, Elmer’s Glue, Pens, Pencils, Color pencils, Glue Sticks,
Crayons, Markers, Folders, and Pink Erasers
These items will be available for our local teachers to pick up during the annual Teacher Meet and Greet. This Meet and Greet gives teachers the opportunity to come in and connect with the Public Library, set up teacher cards and to talk to library staff on any material needs and or any questions they may have.
Teen Advisory Group (TAG)
Friends! Food! Fun!
Join TAG and help decide what happens at the library! This group meets on the FIRST MONDAY of each month from 4 pm-5pm in the library.
We'll have snacks at each meeting & also work on a project to help the community!
Each meeting will count as a volunteer hour, so if you're looking for hours to add to your resume come hang with us! Geared for: 6th - 12th graders.
Monday, October 1
Monday, November 5
Monday, December 3
Anyone in grades 6th – 12th are welcome. We'll be watching Anime, drawing anime, and learning about anime, manga, graphic novels! Each time will be different! If you would like to talk about, draw, or watch something specific let Dylan know! email@example.com
NO registration required! Just show up!
All meetings start at 3:30 pm
September 10, 2018
May continue over summer if the interest is there!
Algoma Public Library owns all 25 books! Read them this summer so you can vote for the Top Ten August-October!
If you vote (starting in August) you'll get a Teen Reads Week bookmark!
1. All Rights Reserved by Gregory Scott Katsoulis
2. The Black Witch by Laurie Forest
3. Book of Lies by Teri Terry
4. Caraval by Stephanie Garber
5. Defy the Stars by Claudia Gray
6. The Disappearances by Emily Bain Murphy
7. How to Make a Wish by Ashley Herring Blake
8. I Am Not Your Perfect Mexican Daughter by Erika L. Sanchez
9. The Inexplicable Logic of my Life by Benjamin Alire Saenz
10. Invictus by Ryan Graudin
11. The Last Magician by Lisa Maxwell
12. Long Way Down by Jason Reynolds
13. Mask of Shadows by Linsey Miller
14. Moxie by Jennifer Mathieu
15. Once and For All by Sarah Dessen
16. One of Us is Lying by Karen M. McManus
17. Paper Hearts by Ali Novak
18. Remember Me Always by Renee Collins
19. Rosemarked by Livia Blackburne
20. Strange the Dreamer by Laini Taylor
21. Turtles All the Way Down by John Green
22. Warcross by Marie Lu
23. Waste of Space by Gina Damico
24. Wonder Woman: Warbringer by Leigh Bardugo
25. Words in Deep Blue by Cath Crowley